Thursday, July 19, 2007

Throwing Finder in the Trash

I have tried, I have tried nobly, to use Mac Finder. But after struggling over and over and over again to easily move a folder from one location to another without having to open multiple windows and losing my place again and again, I give up.

I am now formally seeking a replacement for Finder. The one that appears to be quite popular is PathFinder from CocoaTech. The reviews are strong, and I tell you, if people like it, then it must be better from Finder, which to me is just as brain-dead as it gets. How can Mac get so many things right and get this basic thing so wrong?

And please, don't ask me what specifically I don't like about it. I get so confused I can't even tell you. I just know that if I'm getting frustrated at my file browser, over and over again, then it's time to find a replacement.

No comments: