Sunday, March 21, 2010

Pepper in your water? I'm sorry...

Michael loves mechanical things.  So it's no surprise he loves our big fancy pepper shaker that we bring out to the dinner table sometimes.

Tonight when he saw it on the table he asked Linda "can I put pepper in your water?"  She said no.

He asked me next.  I said "I don't have any water." (I don't usually drink water with my meals).

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want anyone to put pepper in it."



Fade to fifteen minutes later.  Linda looks at her glass of water, and there are little black granules floating in it. She says "Michael, did you put pepper in my water?"

He says, with great sincerity, "I'm sorry".

We all laugh.

He says, "It was an accident."

The little rascal.

The amazing thing was there were four others sitting at the table, and none of us saw him do it.

No comments: