NetBeans 6.0 is now available from the NetBeans web site. Congratulations to a huge effort by a lot of people.
I've been working on 6.0 for a while now, and I would have a hard time going back. Some of my favorite features include:
- Really fast detection of errors while I code
- Showing all the errors in red and all changes in green on the side bar, and if I click on a red or green mark it takes me to that line.
- Greying out of unused variables, and color-coding local variables
- No more two-phase refactoring, unless I request it.
- Solid Ruby support, including cool things like auto-completion of ActiveRecord methods by using migration data.
- PostgreSQL and MySQL JDBC drivers included and registered out of the box
- No more quoting in SQL DDL! (this caused no end of confusion for users)
- Ability to remember password for DB connections (I was so tired of having to re-type passwords
So, anyway, kudos to all, and now onto the next release! :)