Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Eager Michael

It happened overnight, and now Michael is into everything. He just started crawling about three weeks ago and he's already pulling himself up to standing from anything he can find. He is particularly into whatever I am doing. I'm folding laundry, he's pulling apart the folded laundry. I'm putting dishes in the dishwasher, he's crawling into the dishwasher and smearing himself in the muck. I'm sweeping the floor, he's grabbing the broom and playing with the dust balls. When I open the refrigerator, he crawls desperately for the door before I shut it, so he can get to the butter and smear it all over himself. I have to be super fast with cabinet doors or he's in there pulling out ceramic bowls and plastic bags.

Ariel wasn't this way. Really, not that I remember. But of course, she didn't play much by herself anyway, we were always carrying her around. But she was much more interested in looking; Michael must have, touch, and roll on his back and play with it on all fours. He must incorporate it physically.

I know this isn't unique or special, but it still is surprising and has unexpected impact on my daily life. I'm constantly racing to get into the fridge or through a door before the little tyke gets underfoot and is going for something he shouldn't be in.

1 comment:

ejvc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.