Monday, January 18, 2010

The future of UI will be boring

I'm not officially a UI guy, but I liked this blog post:

http://www.scottberkun.com/blog/2010/the-future-of-ui-will-be-boring/
The wiring that powers your home, the plumbing that brings you water, the roads you go to and from work on, work in mostly the same way they always have. This is ok. Lack of upgrade is not a sign of failure. Your genetic code is hundreds of thousands of years old, and seems to be working quite well if you’re reading this. It might just be more important to consider how the tech in question will make your dreams, or someone else’s, come true. If you worry more about the ends, rather than the means, revolution in UI is less important than you suspect it is. I mean, I’m a writer. If a quill pen was good enough for Shakespeare, what do I really have to complain about?

No comments: