Friday, October 17, 2008

Warren Buffett - Buy American. I Am.

I guess Warren read my blog. Shortly after I wrote that entry, I bought a bunch of Intel and Amazon shares. I'm planning to buy more...
A simple rule dictates my buying: Be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful. And most certainly, fear is now widespread, gripping even seasoned investors. To be sure, investors are right to be wary of highly leveraged entities or businesses in weak competitive positions. But fears regarding the long-term prosperity of the nation’s many sound companies make no sense. These businesses will indeed suffer earnings hiccups, as they always have. But most major companies will be setting new profit records 5, 10 and 20 years from now.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/17/opinion/17buffett.html?ref=opinion

No comments: