Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Prague Trip



OK, Heathrow was hell, but Prague was quite wonderful. I actually was able to get away from the office on Friday afternoon and take a walking tour of Prague. I highly recommend Prague Walks They have all sorts of walking tours - the one I took was three hours with a very knowledgeable guide and included a stop half-way through at a pub for a foot rest and a local beer. What a great way to spend three hours!

More photos can be found here. They're with my crappy cell phone camera, I forgot to bring my regular camera (probably a good thing because it would probably still be sitting in Heathrow in my lost suitcase), but there are some good shots in there considering.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi David!
How are you?
After reading your article I have understood that you liked Prague, so did I. I have been in Prague only once. but it was enough I was very surprised, amazed how beautiful this city is. So many ancient monuments, I have never seen such masterpieces. I was astonished of its prices: beer is almost free of charge.

Anonymous said...

There are not many places in the world, about which I can say I love them. I have to confess, that Prague is ONE of those. I recently visited the City of Prague, also known as “the golden city of spires” on Vltava River. I found Prague very attractive, and the thousand-year history was visible particularly in the architecture. The touristy Old Town, the Prague Castle, the Little Quarter and the Jewish Town made a deep impression on me with beautiful medieval, gothic- and baroque-style churches and renaissance residential Prague property, museums, cafes and theaters. One could wander through the meandering streets of Prague for days in a row and continuously discover hidden alleyways and unique views.