Monday, September 27, 2010

Foxmarks closing its doors

Update: Foxmarks was bought by LastPass, which is also a great company, so it's great to hear they'll stick around! We'll see how LastPass monetizes this; it's a great service!

----------

I love the Foxmarks service. But it appears they couldn't come up with a business model.
For four years we have offered the synchronization service for no charge, predicated on the hypothesis that a business model would emerge to support the free service.

I am amazed people are still finding investors for a business plan like this. Oy vei..

Remind me, when and if I ever join a startup, to make sure there is money coming in from day one.

I guess I'll need to move to sync for Firefox and Chrome. Sorry to see a cross-browser solution go...

No comments: