Friday, April 10, 2009

Getting ready to go back to work...

I have been "not working" for 2 1/2 months now. It was very hard getting used to when it started. And now I'm finding myself preparing emotionally for going back to work, and relishing the time I have left.

I have been working on an under-the-radar project with a friend of mine, and that's been a lot of fun. If it ever turns into something, I'll let you know. Meanwhile, it's time to get back to paying the bills. I'm looking forward to working with the Symantec team - I really enjoyed interviewing with them and they seem like a very good group of people. But what can you say - no rushing in the morning, hanging out at wireless cafes, no commuting - these things just don't come around every day. Sigh...

Maybe I should write about the emotional stages of going back to work, to match my blog on the emotional stages of being laid off...

No comments: