Monday, November 03, 2008

Awakening the Balrog

I think the following video is a perfect underscore to Paul Krugman's somewhat disturbing comments on the future of the Republican Party.

By the way, I grew up in Colorado. I've met people like this and gone to school with them. They helped make junior high school miserable. When I first came to Colorado some of the boys told me my parents were hippies. I had never heard what a hippie was, and when I asked them, they said that hippies walked around naked, lived in caves, and peed outside. Even at that age, I wasn't sure what to make of that. Some comments just stop your mind.

It's also disconcerting that the McCain/Palin ticket seems to be drumming up/stirring up these kinds of passionate, fear-and-anger-based feelings. It reminds me of what the dwarfs did in the Mines of Moria - be careful how deep you dig, as you may unleash a power greater and older than anything you can handle. The Balrog is being awakened...

No comments: