Monday, November 06, 2006

News from Baghdad

An article from today's SF Chronicle talks about a woman with the pseudonym Riverbend who has been blogging from Baghdad since 2003. It was a very interesting article, so I thought I'd take a look.

Here is a different view of the landscape than the one we're normally fed here in the USA. I feel like, just a bit, I can peek through the curtain of US media and see a different world. These are the words of someone who is living in the middle of it, and sees how it is impacting a community, families, a home.

Through her links, this blog also leads me to a whole group of people I never heard of before, sharing a world view that is not the one we see here. Finding blogs like this is very refreshing and seems incredibly important. Sometimes I get tired of technology, but sometimes, like in this case, it can bring us together and cuts through the layers and layers of space, time and misinformation that lie between us.

No comments: